Why is Capital one venture x credit card good?
Table of Contents
With their premium credit card, Capital One stepped up and made a grand slam. It’s understandable why the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, which is the company’s first premium travel credit card, has rapidly turned into a favorite among many consumers.
The Venture X is the card for you if you want a sizable welcome bonus, features that more than pay for the annual premium, and unlimited access to Capital One and other airport lounges. For practically everyone who wants to maximize their award travel, this card is a smart option.
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is the bank’s entry into the premium travel card market, and it delivers with innovative benefits you won’t find elsewhere. Sure, it’s the new kid on the block, but it’s the innately cool new kid.
The annual price is $395, less expensive than many rivals. The basic perks you’ve undoubtedly come to anticipate from top-tier travel cards are still delivered, though. Consider things like TSA PreCheck or Global Entry reimbursement, lounge access, and statement travel credits.
Venture x credit card benefit and details
- After you make $4,000 in purchases during the first three months of creating your account, you’ll receive 75,000 extra miles.
- Earn two points for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases, five miles for every dollar spent on flights booked via Capital One Travel, and ten miles for every dollar spent on lodging and rental cars.
- When you make reservations via Capital One Travel, you’ll get the company’s lowest rates on thousands of alternatives, plus you might get up to $300 back in statement credits each year.
- Beginning with your first anniversary, you will receive 10,000 extra miles per year, which is equal to $100 in travel.
- Get unrestricted entry to Capital One and Priority Pass airport lounges all over the world.
- Get a credit of up to $100 for the cost of applying for TSA PreCheck® or Global Entry.
- Use rewards to get cash back, book travel with Capital One Travel with no blackout dates, or transfer miles to your choice of more than 15 loyalty programs.
- Up to $2,000 per person for you and your close family members for pre-paid, non-refundable tickets is covered by trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- If your flight is delayed overnight or for more than six hours, you may be reimbursed up to $500 per person for reasonable costs such as lodging, meals, toiletries, or clothing.
- If the airline mishandles or loses your bags, you may be reimbursed up to $3,000 per covered trip.
- Protection for cell phones: If you pay your monthly wireless bill with the card, you are eligible for up to $800 in coverage per claim, with a maximum of two claims and $1,600 per calendar year. Each incident is subject to a $50 deductible.
- Primary rental vehicle insurance: up to $75,000 for theft or collision-related damage to a rental vehicle.
- Protection for purchases, extended warranties, and returns: Up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account for purchases; warranties extended by an additional year; returns limited to $300 per item and $1,000 per account.
Eligibility to own a capital one venture x credit card benefit
In summary, Venture X will be useful to just about everyone who travels by air more than a few times per year.
The new Venture X offering’s most outstanding feature may be how simple it is to maximize card value and offset the annual charge. A selection of parts put together by Capital One make this card the obvious choice. Let’s examine the main advantages that make Venture X stand out.
Capital one transfer miles
The flexibility of Capital One miles is greater than you would imagine. Since the issuer recently revised the ratios and additional transfer partners, there are now 15 partners with a 1:1 transfer ratio.
|Transfer partner||Transfer ratio|
|Aeromexico Club Premier||1:1|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||1:1|
|Air France-KLM Flying Blue||1:1|
|Accor Live Limitless||2:1|
|British Airways Avios||1:1|
|Cathay Pacific Asia Miles||1:1|
|Choice Privileges Hotels||1:1|
|EVA Infinity MileageLands||2:1.5|
|Qantas Frequent Flyer||1:1|
|TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go||1:1|
|Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles||1:1|
|Virgin (Atlantic) Red||1:1|
You might be able to earn more than the 1-cent-per-mile value through Capital One Travel if you transfer your Capital One miles to some of these foreign carriers to take advantage of sweet spots.
Let’s say you can fly to Hawaii for $500 one-way with just 10,000 Turkish Airlines miles (one of the best Turkish Miles&Smiles redemptions). The worth of your award flight exceeds the annual charge you paid that year at a stunning 5-cent value per mile.
Advantages of venture x credit card
- Annual fees less than those of its kind.
- Annual travel credits and anniversary miles by themselves could make the yearly cost worthwhile.
- Earning and using miles is simple.
Disadvantages of venture x credit card
- Absence of domestic airline and luxury hotel partners.
- Infancy of the Capital One lounge network.
- Absence of hotel status advantages.
Is venture x credit card annual fee good?
Notably, the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card offers the lowest annual fee out of all the premium travel credit cards and most of the features you would expect.
The annual charge for the majority of other premium travel cards is upwards of $450, so $395 is a terrific deal. Additionally, the annual rewards are significant enough to easily cover the annual price ($300 in Capital One Travel booking credits and $100 in anniversary bonus points).
To maximize statement credits and the number of miles you’ll earn, you’ll need to make certain travel reservations through the Capital One Travel website. The portal could somewhat restrict your options.
Although the transfer partners are a nice option for redemptions, the card may not be as enticing to local or inexperienced travelers due to the absence of hotel partners and domestic airline partners.
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card might be an excellent method for consumers who are prepared to take a chance on a developing travel rewards program to enter the premium travel credit card market at a lower price point.
ALSO, READ MORE POSTS ON:
- Capital one savor card credit limit
- capital one Walmart credit card login
- capital one credit card login
- Walmart capital one login