Fetch pet insurance – Fetch insurance review
Table of Contents
There aren’t many products and services offered by Fetch by The Dodo (formerly Petplan). In contrast to other pet insurance providers, it doesn’t pay your veterinarian directly for claims and has a longer waiting period for accidents. A helpline and health insurance are just two of the few extras that Fetch by The Dodo do not provide.
An insurer that specializes in accident and illness coverage for canines and felines is called Fetch by the Dodo known as fetch pet insurance. Its plans come with extra benefits that other insurers might not, and it does not have age restrictions like other companies.
Benefits of fetch pet insurance
- Exam fees for animals
- Veterinary emergencies
- Veterinarian consultations
- Complete dental care
- Issues specific to the breed
- Entire sick visit
- Illnesses & injuries
- Virtual veterinary visits
- Diagnostic procedures
- X-ray and ultrasound
- Chiropractic and holistic medicine
- Behavior modification
- Cancer therapy
- Surgery and recovery
How does fetch pet work?
- Employ any veterinarian in the United States or Canada.
You have the choice with Fetch to continue working with your current veterinarian or, if you prefer, find a new one. Even specialized care and urgent care centers are covered.
- Minutes to submit a claim
You only need to snap a picture of your pet’s medical records and respond to a few questions about their care, and we’ll take it from there.
- Receive prompt payment
Once your claim is accepted, you’ll receive direct deposit payment for up to 90% of your unexpected vet bill in as little as 2 days.
Fetch pet insurance review
In order to create Fetch by the Dodo pet insurance in 2021, PetPlan teamed up with The Dodo, a well-known brand for animals and pets.
Over 280,000 pets have been insured by the business since its inception. All 50 states plus Washington, D.C., as well as all the provinces of Canada, offer its accident and illness policies, which are sold directly to consumers via its website.
About 200 people work for Fetch in the US and Canada, and its headquarters are in New York City.
Advantages of fetch pet
- Veterinary examination costs are covered.
- If your pet is lost or stolen, it will pay the advertising costs and reward.
- Includes protection against boarding and kennel costs
- Payments made as soon as two days later
- There are several discounts offered.
- Coverage is available for animals as young as six weeks.
Disadvantages of fetch pet
- A waiting period of 15 days for accidents.
- Pre-existing cruciate ligament problems and hip dysplasia have a 6-month waiting period, but if the condition first appears within 30 days of the policy’s purchase and there is proof that it is a new condition, the pet might be covered.
- No round-the-clock veterinary assistance service.
- No available preventative health plan.
- Does not provide perpetual benefits.
- 90 percent is the maximum percentage of reimbursement.
- The claims deadline is earlier than usual.
What fetch pet insurance doesn’t cover
Fetch is not an exception to the rule that pet insurance companies do not cover pre-existing conditions. Any conditions that were discovered before the start of your policy’s coverage period are not covered.
Fetch does not include bilateral conditions either. Fetch won’t pay for treatments for an injury or condition on the opposite side of the body if your pet already has one on the opposite side.
A Fetch insurance policy does not typically cover the following costs:
- Already-present conditions.
- Costs of wellness and preventative care, such as immunizations or regular exams.
- Cost of reproduction, pregnancy, and nursing
- Experimental procedures
- Tail docking, declawing, spaying, and neutering are examples of elective procedures.
- Food (including food prescribed by a veterinarian)
- Travel time and costs to veterinarian appointments.
- Injuries or illnesses that result from competing, fighting, security work, or any other.
- Type of work-related activity.
- Medications foods
- Standard dental
- Exams for FELV, heartworm, blood, and feces
- Tick, flea, and heartworm prevention
Fetch pet plan
In March 2022, Petplan, which had partnered with The Dodo, changed its name to Fetch by The Dodo. The Dodo is a website that features articles about animals with a focus on their welfare.
Plans for dogs cost an average of $35 per month, while those for cats cost $25 per month, according to to Fetch by the Dodo. You can select a plan from one of the following categories:
|Annual Benefit Limit||$5,000, $10,000, $15,000, Unlimited|
|Reimbursement Percentage||70%, 80%, 90%|
|Deductible||$300, $500, $700|
We discovered that Fetch’s policies were generally consistent with those of the majority of pet stores (using an average of three pet personas: two dogs and a cat). But for pets eight years old and up, its premiums were significantly higher than those of other insurers.
For illnesses and accidents, Fetch by The Dodo has a 15-day waiting period; for cruciate ligament, patella, and hip dysplasia issues, the waiting period is six months.
Advertising and rewards for lost dogs, boarding costs, and trip cancellation expenses are all covered by Fetch by The Dodo.
If your pet has had a dental examination within the previous 60 days, Fetch by The Dodo also covers dental problems.
How to file fetch pet claim
Within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms, you must take your pet to a vet clinic for treatment if they are ill or injured. You have 90 days to file a claim following the treatment of your pet.
You must submit a claim form along with an invoice from your veterinarian and a payment receipt in order to be eligible. Through your online account, claims can be filed.
It could take as little as two days for Fetch to process your claim. Claims are typically processed within 15 days, though.
If your claim is accepted, Fetch will send your reimbursement to you via check or direct deposit; signing up for a direct deposit can speed up your payment by up to ten days.
Fetch pet insurance phone number
By phone, email, or live chat, Fetch offers customer service. While an automated chatbot is available around-the-clock, its live chat feature is manned by its customer service team during business hours.
Call (866) 509-0163 or send an email to email@example.com to get in touch with customer service. Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST, customer support representatives are on duty.
ALSO, READ MORE POSTS:
- How to find home insurance – Homeowners Insurance
- How long does it take to get car insurance – Auto insurance quote
- State farm auto insurance near me
- Unemployment insurance benefits