Find my iPhone to locate a lost or stolen phone
Find my iPhone to locate a lost or stolen phone – when your phone is stolen or missing, the company of Apple has helped to create a tool to get your device back. Though, if you also think you can’t get your phone back you will need to make use of these tools to avoid bad people to get your personal data. Tools to recover your iPhone are known as find my iPhone, this is part of iCloud which makes use of the phone’s GPS also internet collection to view it on the map also perform some remote procedure.’
How to let this work
Find my iPhone service that must be created on your device before this is lost or stolen. Then, after the service is created, there will be two methods to get your phone, you need to make use of the iCloud website or maybe your Find my iPhone app, access this on any iPhone device to track your phone.
How to make use of find my iPhone
- Go to http://icloud.com/ then log in with the similar details on your Apple ID which you used in logging in your iPhone.
- Choose the find iPhone to search for all your devices that are logged in with your Apple ID.
- This app will zoom in on the map and show the location of the device making use of a green dot. You can zoom in and out of the map, check the unique satellite then hybrid modes which is like the google maps.
- Find the exact device rather than showing all your device on the map, choose All device then select a different device.
- Choose the device which is on the map, then select the icon or image to display a window along with additional options.
- If you want your phone to play sound, tap on play sound. Make use of this option when you decide the device is close or someone has your device.
- You can remote lock the device screen then set a passcode, also when you don’t have the passcode on the device, choose Lost Mode. It will secure another person from using the device and opening your data.
ALSO, READ How to restore contacts from google
- If you need to erase your iPhone remotely if you think you won’t be able to get the phone back, select Erase iPhone. Clearing the data on the phone will secure you from finding it in the future with Find my iPhone.
If you get the device back, you can restore your data from backup
- Maybe you find out that your device is on move, choose the green dot on the map which shows your phone, then the windows which show, choose the rounded arrow to update the location making use of the latest GPS data.
If your iPhone is offline
- This is if your phone is turned off or out of battery
- Or maybe your phone is not connected to the internet.
- Or the location service is disabled.
When you find out that your iPhone is not working, it might be, your play sound, Lost mode and erase iPhone are available always. Make use of any of them, so next time you connect your device to the internet the options which you selected will work perfectly.