Monday, June 27, 2022
HomeHow toHow long does it take to get a green card after fiancé...

How long does it take to get a green card after fiancé visa

How long does it take to get a green card after fiancé visa – immigration marriage visas k-1 |  k1 visa processing time: K-1 fiancé visa


U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant should be legally free to marry during the period of the petition was filed and should be exact. Marriage should be done legally according to the laws of the U.S. state. The K-1 visa allows the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.


Choosing a K1 visa is a great key decision, this permits the U.S citizens to allow their fiance to the U.S. An individual can arrive at the U.S. through K1 visa, get married to their U.S. fiance who’s a citizen, ensure you apply for their green card without them leaving the U.S. Processing the K1 visa changes with an everyday basis, let discuss how long does it take to get a green card after fiance visa.


Get married as a couple, then get a way to fix your fiance green card in the U.S. Anyone who get the I-129F petition for Alien fiance have been approved is to marry in the U.S., Anyone who the person help on his/her to file the K-1 visa must be willing to marry the U.S. citizen.


No binding marital obligations by both members, it refers that any old or previous marriages should be executed or terminated by divorce, death, or annulment, this will allow both members to have a free marriage in the U.S. on the date that they file the I-129F petition with the USCIS. This should also abided wiht the laws that are given to the exact state where the marriage occurs.


The K1 visa takes time, this takes about 8 months or more, it can take 1 year to get the K1 visa. Immeidately you got the K-1 visa and you are in the U.S., this will take you about 7 – 9 months if you need to get the green card and become a permanent resident in the U.S.

Document required for K-1 finance visa

– Foreign fiance birth certificate will be needed ( the person getting engaged to a U.S. citizen).
– Valid passport having a validity period of a maximum of six months past the decided duration to stay in the U.S.
– Visa application of DS-160 of the nonimmigrant.
– Medical examination evidence
– Death or divorce certificated through any prior marriage of both foreign citizen fiance also with the sponsor who’s a U.S. citizen.
– Certificate of police of foreign-born fiance country currently resides, which will be as well needed through any nation that the foreign fiance has stayed for about six months ever since he/she was 16 years of age.
– Accompanying visa fees paid for all.
– (2) Two passport photos.
– Form I-1345 affidavit of support is required, evidence of proof to sustainable financial support that the finance will not depend on the U.S. economy.
– Non-fraudulent relationship which is valid to exit between both the U.S. citizen sponsor and the foreign fiance.


– 5-7 month processing free (Form I-129F)

Get an application for your fiance visa who is the U.S. citizen petitioner, the applicant must file a I-129F with USCIS. This form is known as “Petition for Alient Fiance”. When done, this is submitted with several documents stating that you are comfortable wiht the K1 fiance visa requirements.

– 3-5 month processing time ( File DS-160, Go for visa interview, and issuance of Fiance visa

The next step is to apply for the K-1 visa when the I-129F is approved, if you need to get the k1 visa application, foriegn fince should file the form DS-160, this is for nonimmigrant visa, when this is done, the foreign fiance will need to attend the visa interview at an embassy or consulate in their home country. Information or question will be requested at the consular office to ensure its a truthful relationship and to ensure the fiance visa requirements is up to satisfaction.

– 0-3 month (Marriage and entry to the United States)

90 days is given to marry your U.S. citizen once you get to the united states wiht your K1 visa.


– 7-9 month processing time ( Adjustment of status of filing Form I-485)

Eligibility will be given to filing Form I-486 with USCIS if you marry the U.S. citizen fiance within 90 dyas of your arrival into the united states. From adjustment of status id required to apply for the green crd.

Apply for employment authorization Form I-765 when filing Form I-485, and advance parole Form I-131 (Travel permission). The employment authorization document and advance parole must be issued 6 months before the adjustment status is be done.

Cost for K-1 fiance visa in the United state

Filing fee for I-29F, cost fee is $535, its paid through the finance that is sponsoring the nonimmigrant he/she is getting married to, No cost for filining K-3 petitions give that I-130 petition of alien relative need to be submitted to the USCIS through the same U.S. citizen sponsor. Cost of traveling to and from the United State consulate or Embassy for your interview, its based on your travle budget and visa through the consulate. Other costs are from your attorney which is about Attorney $1850 fee.

Change of status fiance visa to green card

The usual green card procedure for k-1 visa is different, the I-130 petition for alien relative will not be required for k-1 and k-2 holders. The USCIS makes some criteria for filing an I-485 Application to go from a K visa to a marriage green card below.

– be a K class visa holder
– have married your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within the 90-day window if you are a K-1 holder
– be eligible to adjust your status
– have an available immigrant visa number
– able to enter the U.S.
The timeframe for adjustment of status varies based on the K visa you have:

K-1 (foreign fiancé(e)s) holders should adjust their statuses as soon as they marry their U.S. citizen fiancé(e).
K-2 holders (children of the foreign fiancé(e)s) should adjust their statuses at the same time as their K-1 parents.
K-3 holders (foreign spouses) can adjust their statuses as soon as they enter the U.S.
K-4 holders (children of foreign spouses) should adjust their statuses at the same time as their K-3 parents.
As a K-1 applicant, you will need to factor the amount of time it will take to get married and receive your marriage certificate before filing the I-485 to adjust your status from a K-1 visa to a green card.


Required Supporting Evidence

To make the amendment you will need to submit the following documentation along with your I-485:

– Two photos that adhere to the Department of State’s passport guidelines.
– Your biographical information is in a G-325A form.
– A copy of an official photo ID.
– A copy of your official birth certificate.
– A copy of your passport containing your K class visa.
– Your I-94 arrival/departure form.
– Marriage certificate if you have a K-1 visa.
– The Affidavit of Support Form I-864.
– A copy of any form or application that you used in conjunction with your K class visa.
– A copy of a pending I-130 petition if you are a K-3 or K-4 holder.
– The correct filing fees.



Techboardz is an entrepreneur and has a passion for article writing, he is an article writer and editor, he has full zeal to write


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments