How to claim unemployment California – Filing an unemployment insurance claim | Apply for unemployment benefits in California – File for unemployment
The employment development department state of California offers unemployed candidates seeking jobs, they as well connect, analyze, and publish labor market information.
They have offers lots of services to millions of Californians. job seekers can now file an unemployment claim, if they have been paid or haven’t been paid, learn how to claim unemployment in California.
File an unemployment claim if you lost your job or got your job hour to minimize, the unemployed candidate might be eligible for the claim.
How do I know I’m eligible for unemployment insurance?
Eligible applicants might be eligible if they received a W-2 and have the following requirements:
– School closures might be impacted by you and your family
– Applicant claim is expired
– Applicant might be partially or fully unemployed, due to reduced wages, furlough, layoff or hour reduction.
Eligibility for disability insurance or paid family leave
The applicant who is not eligible for unemployment might be eligible for disability insurance or paid family leave
– If the applicant can’t work due to non-worker-related illness, pregnancy, or injury.
– If applicants can perform their normal work duties due to their sick or quarantined COVID 19.
– If the applicant makes payment to the state disability insurance program known as CASDI on paystubs through taxes.
Eligibility for paid family leave
– Applicant must be a parent that needs time to join their bond with their newborn child by birth, foster care placement, or adoption.
– Applicant needs to have time to care for an ill child, parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, parent-in-law, grandchild, or domestic partner.
While filing the new claim, the Employment development department state of California launched ID.ME to help applicant verify their identity, when filing for a claim, you will be redirected to the ID.ME site to take selfies of yourself and upload your photo of your ID to get your identity verified.
The applicant will need to join a video call with ID.ME if additional information is needed to verify your identity, you will need to tender the following documents
1 Two primary
2 One primary and two secondary documents
ID.me primary documents include:
– Driver license (US or foreign).
– Passport or passport card (US or foreign).
– US Permanent Resident Card (I-551).
– Employment Authorization Card (I-766) issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
– Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570).
– Federal or State ID.
– Veteran health ID card.
– Transportation Security Administration (TSA) ID Card.
– Department of Homeland Security trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI).
– National ID card (only if you live outside of the US).
– Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) Personal Identity Verification card.
ID.me secondary documents include:
– US health insurance card.
– Social security card.
– US birth certificate
– School documents (ID with a photograph, school record, report card).
– The US voter registration card.
– US citizen ID card (Form I-197).
– Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD214).
– National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service (NGB Form 22).
– Foreign birth document.
– Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-545).
– Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350).
– Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
– Border crossing card.
– Native American tribal document.
– Tribal-issued photo ID card.
– Canadian Indian and Northern Affairs card.
– US Coast Guard merchant mariner card.
Complete your application, then log in to your UI online and return back to your application. You will be directed to the ID.ME login page, transfer of your identity information to EDD will be done by ID.ME after you log in. Tap “ALLOW” then complete your unemployment application. if you didn’t get this done with the ID.ME when you apply, file a claim through phone, fax, or mail.
How to apply online
File using UI online to get a fast way to file your claim.
|Days of the Week||Available Time|
|Sunday||5 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|Monday||4 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Tuesday – Friday||2 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Saturday||2 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
Note: To file a claim online, you must be at least 18 years old. If you are underage, you can file your claim by phone, fax, or mail.
How to apply by phone
Contact employment development department state of California to file a claim toll-free numbers, from 8 A.M to 8 P.M seven days a week except on state holidays
– English and Spanish 1-800-300-5616
– Cantonese 1-800-547-3506
– Mandarin 1-866-303-0706
– Vietnamese 1-800-547-2058
– TTY 1-800-815-9387
For general questions contact them on 1-800-300-5616 from 8 A.M to 8 P.M (Pacific time) except state holidays.
How to file an EDD claim
1. Go to edd.va.gov
2. Click on file a new “UI claim“, if your state has an unemployment portal before you go for PUA.
3. Click on “Online” on how you want to file your claim
4. On the next page, click on unemployment benefit programs online.
5. Sign up or register for a new account.
6. When you are done with your registration of opening a new account, click on “file a new claim“, if this is your new time for filing.
7. You will be directed to the Q&A section, if you are asked if you have worked in another state for the past 18 months or served in the military or government agency, select your option, either “YES OR NO“.
8. When you are done answering the question, input your SSN (social security number) information, date of birth, and gender correctly.
9. Input your address as it’s on your SSN information, ensure there is no difference in the address, make sure the address is the same as what is in your SSN information, don’t change anything.
10. When you get to the statistical information, select a different option, but ensure your information is correct.
11. When you get to the “last employer” section, click on “NO”
12. At the “Work type” section, input your type of job. e.g. retail?nursing?photographer and tap on search.
13. You will be directed to a page where you find a full match of your job if it’s a part-time/full-time job, then tap on “save“.
14. If you are asked if you are willing to accept work part-time that matches your educational background, select “YES“, it’s an assurance you are willing to work on any opportunity surfaces.
15. Explain how your business was affected by COVID 19 in brief.
16. If you are asked what the cause of your disaster of unemployment is, select “COVID 19“.
17. Ensure you fill in the necessary information you are asked till you finished your application.
Ensure you have a driver’s license or identification card. California doesn’t pay in prepaid cards, they mail EDD cards to your address you fill in to file your claim.
READ MORE POSTS ON: