How to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone | How to Find iPhone Apps That Aren’t on the App Store
On your iPhone, you can’t seem to find an app? We’ll show you how to restore apps to your iPhone’s Home screen, as well as how to unhide apps if you’ve hidden them too deeply.
An app may vanish from your iPhone for a variety of reasons, ranging from being accidentally moved from the Home screen to the App Library to being buried in a folder. Whatever the reason for your iPhone’s inability to locate an app, we’ve got five surefire ways to locate hidden apps and restore them to your Home screen.
How to Restore Apps to the Home Screen Using an App Library
The App Library is the first place you should look if an app has vanished from your iPhone’s Home screen.
Even if you’ve removed them from your Home screen, every app on your iPhone can be found in the App Library. Using the App Library, here’s how to restore apps to your Home screen:
- Swipe left until you’re one screen past your previous Home screen page to find your App Library. Your App Library is a collection of auto-sorting groups or folders of apps.
- If you don’t see your app in the App Library right away, search for it. If you see it, go straight to step 4. To search, tap the magnifying glass on the bar that says App Library.
- Simply type the app’s name.’ In the results list, you should see an app icon. Tap Add to Home Screen after pressing and holding the app icon until a menu appears.
If you don’t see Add to Home Screen, it’s most likely because the app is hidden in a folder or on a hidden Home page, and you’ll need to unhide that page to get it back. If you can’t find the app in the App Library at all, it’s because it’s not installed on your iPhone, and you’ll have to reinstall it.
The Home Screen Method: What to Do If Each of Your Apps Have vanished from Your Home Screen
It’s not always the iPhone apps that vanish; sometimes it’s the Home screen itself, in which case the App Library won’t help! Apple now allows you to hide multiple apps at the same time by hiding entire Home screen pages. This can happen inadvertently, just like a butt dial. This is the most likely culprit if all of your apps have vanished from your Home screen. To see if you have any hidden Home screen pages on your iPhone, do the following:
- Long press the Home screen’s background until the icons jiggle.
- On the bottom of the screen, tap the dots.
- All of your Home screen pages will be displayed. A checkmark on a Home screen indicates that it is hidden.
- Make the Home screen page visible by tapping the empty circle.
- Click on “done”
How to Find an App on iPhone That Doesn’t Show Up Using Siri
If you’ve looked through the App Store and any hidden Home screen pages but still can’t find the app on your iPhone, it could be hidden in an app folder. Here’s how to locate missing app icons on your iPhone and determine the name of the app’s folder.
- Slide down from the top of the Home screen to activate Search. (If you swipe right on the first Home screen, you can access Search from the Today View.)
- In the search field, type the name of the missing app, and if possible, match it exactly.
- The app icon will appear right under the search bar if the app is installed on your device.
- If an iCloud symbol appears next to the app icon, it is already installed on your phone but needs to be reinstalled. To begin downloading, simply tap the icon.
- The app isn’t on your iPhone if Search App Store appears under Search in Apps. If you tap it, however, you’ll be taken to the App Store, where you can get the app.
How to Restore an App or Recover Recently Deleted Apps from the App Store
If your iPhone app is still missing, check the App Store to see if it’s still on your phone or has been deleted. Here’s how to use the App Store to locate hidden apps on your iPhone, as well as how to restore those apps once they’ve been found.
- To begin, go to the App Store.
- Select Search from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in the search bar, type the name of the app you’ve lost.
- Now, tap Search to find your app!
- If the app has a download icon next to it, tap it to re-download it.
- If Open shows up, the app is still installed on your iPhone, then you can click it to start using it right away.
Pro Tip: Go to your purchases by tapping your profile icon or photo in the upper-right corner if you want to see recently deleted apps. Any apps with the download icon have been deleted from your iPhone, as previously stated, and you can see all of them by tapping Not on this iPhone. You now know how to recover iPhone apps that have been deleted.
How to Find Hidden App Purchases with the Unhide Purchases Method
Oops! Did you over-hide an iPhone app to the point where you can’t find it in your App Store purchases? We’ll show you how to restore access to App Store purchases so you can use them again.
- To begin, go to the App Store.
- In the upper right corner, tap on the profile icon or your photo.
- Select your Apple ID from the drop-down menu that appears. Your Apple ID password may be required. If prompted, select Face or Touch ID.
- Find and unhide hidden apps by tapping Hidden Purchases.
An app might vanish at any time. Is it possible that an app on your iPhone is missing? It’s an option. Whether you have a missing app on your iPhone, a hidden app on your iPhone, or simply deleted your app, we’ve taught you how to find a hidden app that has vanished from your iPhone using various strategies.
ALSO, READ MORE POSTS ON: