How to make Facebook private | How make FB private
Table of Contents
You wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t want all of your information to be made public given how much personal information is available on Facebook, including birthdays, jobs, and family updates. It’s really simple to take greater control over what Facebook users, especially those who are not your friends, view. To make Facebook private, just follow these easy instructions.
Make sure that only your friends can see all of your postings to start moving your profile toward total privacy.
1. After logging in, choose the drop-down arrow in the top-right area of the Facebook screen. When the drop-down option opens, pick “Settings & Privacy,” then pick “Settings” once more. When the Settings screen displays, locate and select the “Privacy” option on the left side.
2. Locate the area labeled “Your Activity.” You can choose here who can view your posts, the pages and people you follow, and other options.
3. After the question “Who can see your future posts?” If “Public,” be careful to click the “Edit” option to change it to “Friends,” so that only people on your friend’s list may see what you write. You can choose “Pals except” to include friends on your list who will not see any of your posts, taking things a step further.
Instead, you can select “Specific friends” to restrict who sees your posts. The last two choices take more manual setup but are unquestionably more private than the bigger “Friends.”
4. To be extra careful, you can also go through all of your earlier posts and “Limit the audience for content you’ve shared with friends of friends or Public” in the past. If you select this option, your friends will now be the only people who can see all of your prior posts. The post will no longer be visible to either friends or non-friends (Public).
5. The setting for “Who can see the persons, Pages, and lists you follow” can be found just beneath the option in the preceding step. Setting this option to “Only me” will help you maintain the highest level of privacy possible.
With Friends, Friends excluding, Specific friends, etc., you may also assign it to the same set of groups in step four, but each of them only offers a certain amount of anonymity. The ideal option is “Only me” because you can be confident that nobody will be able to view a significant portion of your profile that way.
Quick Tips to make your Facebook Private
- Change Public to a different choice by going to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Privacy > Who Can See Your Posts.
- Select Friends or Only Me under Privacy > Who can see your friends list to make your Friends list private.
- Select Edit Details from your profile’s menu to make it private. Turn off the information you want to remain private.
Making a Friends List on Facebook Private
- Facebook by default makes your friends list public, so anyone can see it, regardless of whether they are a friend of yours or not. Your Facebook profile page or the settings page allows you to modify your choices.
- Edit can be found next to Who may see your friends list on the Settings and Privacy screen.
- Choose Friends or Only me if you want to keep your friend list secret.
- You can also visit your Facebook profile page. Under your cover photo, select the Friends option.
- Choose Edit Privacy from the three-dot menu in the Friends screen’s upper right-hand corner.
- In the following and Friends List sections, choose an audience.
- To save your changes and shut the window, click the X icon.
How can I make my Facebook likes invisible?
Go to your profile and choose More > Likes to hide likes on Facebook. Edit the Privacy of Your Likes may be found by selecting the three dots menu.
How do I keep my Facebook online status private?
Go to Messenger > Settings and disable Show when you’re active to hide your online status on Facebook. Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Blocking to make sure that person cannot see you at all.
How can I find out who else is viewing my Facebook page?
Go to your profile page, click the three dots next to your cover photo, and then choose View As to see how your Facebook profile appears to others. To go back, choose Exit View As.
How do I use Facebook’s private messaging feature?
On Facebook, either pick Message from a profile or click the New Message symbol (the speech bubble) at the top of the page to send a private message. Use the Messenger app on a smartphone.
What is the Facebook procedure for making comments private?
Navigate to Settings & privacy > Settings > Public Posts > Public Post Comments > Edit > Choose who can comment to manage who can leave comments on your Facebook posts. Hover your cursor over a remark, click the three dots, and then select Hide to make it private from the general public.
How can I keep my Facebook activity hidden?
Use the drop-down menu in the top right corner of your Facebook page to access the Activity Log and open specific posts or activities to conceal or archive. You can modify the audience when you create a specific post to control who sees it (e.g., friends, everyone, just yourself, or a custom audience).
ALSO, READ MORE POSTS ON:
- Hidden Friend List on Facebook
- Facebook Group Finder
- How Can I View Facebooks Hidden Friend List
- log into Facebook on a computer or mobile device
- Facebook hacked recovery – password recovery
- 2022 facebook dating on desktop – why can’t I see facebook dating on my computer | is facebook dating available on pc